With decades of experience in the substance abuse and mental health rehab industry, the team at Infinity Behavioral Heath Services, Inc. (INFINITY), is committed to easing the insurance claim process and to maximizing insurance benefits so its clients can provide the highest levels of clinical care for every patient. In addition to a proven process for billing and claims follow-up, INFINITY offers utilization management and business consulting services to help clients improve day-to-day operations, increase revenue and maintain regulatory compliance.
INFINITY is now seeking a Billing Supervisor to join our team.
INFINITY offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive wellness benefits and perks package and a great time off policy. Our health benefits include: medical (4 options), dental, vision, company-paid short term disability and voluntary - life insurance and long term disability plans. Financial wellness benefits include: 401(k) plan at completion of initial 90-days with employer match at completion of 1 year employment, as well as free financial wellness seminars. Our perks include: break rooms stocked with coffee and healthy snacks, monthly on-site massage, free gym memberships, team outings and other rewards for meeting company goals, a positive and FUN team-oriented and pet-friendly environment. We believe in developing our talent from within, as such, we offer a tuition reimbursement program and career advancement opportunities.
INFINITY is dedicated to its employees’ success. For more information, check us out at www.infinitybehavioral.com.
General Summary of Duties
Supervises assigned Billing Department teams by ensuring quality control of claims created, supervision of staff, serving as liaison between other departments and performing all assigned duties under the direction of Billing Manager.
- Ensures timely and accurate daily billing by assigned Teams.
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Directly responsible for quality control of billing.
- Assigns and reviews work to facilitate smooth workflow.
- Performs client software setup specifically coding, rates, and payers.
- Gathers and processes information needed to complete insurance claims and reimbursements; submits accurate electronic and/or hard copy claims to various payers.
- Maintains detailed records of claims billed and error rates for assigned teams.
- Investigates pending claims and resolves discrepancies. Researches rejected and denied claims; reconciles with original claim; makes any necessary corrections; resubmits new claims; or resubmits appeals for reconsideration, as appropriate.
- Evaluates billing processes and procedures and assists management in developing revisions.
- Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures staff training, evaluates staff performance, and recommends hiring, terminations, promotions and salary actions.
- Participates in Special Projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. AA degree required.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records systems required.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party health insurance reimbursement and government contracts required.
- Expert knowledge of third party payers, Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance billing requirements.
- Expert knowledge with CMS 1500, UB 04. Prior experience in submitting claims electronically is required.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, propose alternatives and implement corrective actions.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills is required including the development of complex reporting and analysis using Pivot tables, V-lookup, etc.
- Can type 40 wpm.
- 4-6 years of progressive experience required.
INFINITY - EEO (Equal Opportunity Employer). eoe/m/f/d/v/so